“Personal information” refers to information or data, in any form, about an individual.
Venus Moon Press collects Personal Information voluntarily provided by you, and/or other information about you collected through cookies and browser data through our site. Personal Information includes name, email address, gender, date of birth, age, purchase history, telephone number, mailing address, credit card number, comments about our products or services, a record of promotions offered to you, your activities and your reading preferences, such as favorite authors and themes.
These are small files that are stored on your computer. They are used to collect identifying information about you, such as the sites and pages you visit or your preference for a specific website. Cookies are used to improve security, to provide content, services, ads and recommendations on our website. Cookies can be used to remember passwords or associate a credit card with an account. In most cases you will be asked if you want your computer to remember such information. Certain browsers allow you to block third party cookies in order to prevent being tracked. Please note that blocking all cookies could result in loss of login information for certain sites and some parts of our sites may not work properly if you do. In certain cases, we may also use tracking technologies to serve online advertisements to you for our products on third party websites. We may also place advertising and/or links on our sites that originate from outside advertisers. In some cases, if you click on or view these third party ads, a cookie may be assigned by the advertisers. Venus Moon Press does not control these cookies nor is it responsible for any marketing or other use of your name by these advertisers. We encourage you to investigate and ask questions before disclosing information to third parties. Some browsers have a do not track feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have
your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform, so we are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
We collect personal information and it is used for the specific business purpose for which it was collected, including but not limited to:
• To determine eligibility for our products and services;
• To provide requested products or services and to process payments;
• To gain an understanding of interests so that we can develop better products and services;
• To properly investigate and respond to any concerns about our products or services;
• For promotional and advertising purposes, if and where permitted by law.
• To Third Parties for Their Marketing Purposes: Venus Moon Press does on occasion make your name and address available to reputable third parties who may want to use this for their marketing purposes. This information may be referenced in addition to aggregated data on purchase history, geography, age range, income range and dwelling type. You may opt-out from having this information disclosed to these third parties by clicking here. Information is shared only with third parties who provide assurances that the information will be used for legitimate business purposes and in a manner that complies with applicable industry guidelines, privacy legislation and anti-spam rules within the USA. • To Third Parties To Perform Processing And For Our Marketing Purposes: At times, Venus Moon Press may use other organizations to perform services such as credit card processing, supplying contest infrastructure and the provision of various marketing services, including, but not limited to, telemarketing, research, advertising and list processing. As a result, certain Personal Information may be provided to third party service providers in other countries, including the United States of America and, accordingly, may be available to the governments of such countries under a lawful order made in that country. These service providers are only given the information needed to perform those services and we make efforts to make sure that the privacy and security of the information given to them are protected, and to limit the use of your information to the service being provided. Some of these third party services use unique identifiers to anonymously track your activities on our site using cookies and browser data (see above) which is then combined with information about characteristics and activities collected by cookies and data from third party aggregators. • To Third Parties in the Event of Legal Reasons: We may be required to disclose Personal Information to the government or other legal or regulatory authorities if so ordered by a court of law or for other legal reasons.
• To a Third Party in the Event Venus Moon Press Is for Sale or Is Sold: Should Venus Moon Press ever be up for sale or sold, prospective buyers will need access to our customer lists and various databases as part of the due diligence process. In this scenario, Venus Moon Press would only provide such access under terms of a strict confidentiality agreement. In the event Venus Moon Press is sold, your Personal Information may be transferred to the purchasing company so you can continue to receive the services you purchased and to enable the continued maintenance of your Personal Information as set out in this policy.
We keep your information only for a period reasonably necessary to meet the purposes for which it was collected, or based on any legal requirements, including statutory retention periods. Then we will permanently remove any Personal Information that is no longer required for a specific purpose or legal requirement.
USERS IN EUROPE
You have the right to request a copy of the information we are processing about you.
You have the right to have incomplete or inaccurate information that we process about you rectified.
You have the right to request that we delete information that we process about you, except we are not obliged to do so if we need to retain such data in order to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
You have the right to restrict our processing of your information where you believe such data to be inaccurate; our processing is unlawful; or that we no longer need to process such data for a particular purpose unless we are not able to delete the data due to a legal or other obligation or because you do not wish for us to delete it.
You have the right to obtain information we hold about you in a structured, electronic format, and to transmit such data to another data controller, where this is (a) information that you have provided to us, and (b) if we are processing that data solely on the basis of your consent or to perform a contract with you.
Where the legal basis for processing your information is our legitimate interest, you have the right to object to such processing on grounds relating to your particular situation. We will abide by your request unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, or if we need to continue to process the data for the establishment, exercise of a legal claim.
If you have consented to our processing of your information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, free of charge. This includes where you wish to opt out from marketing messages. You can make a request to exercise any of these rights in relation to your information by sending the request to us at the email address or mailing address set forth under “Contacting Venus Moon Press “. For your own privacy and security, at our discretion, we may require you to provide your identity before providing the requested information. Please note that Venus Moon Press may take up to 30 days to fulfil such requests. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the local data protection authority if you believe that we have not complied with applicable data protection laws. A list of local data protection authorities in European countries is available here.
How do I Contact Venus Moon Press Regarding my Personal Information?
If you have any questions or comments, or you wish to correct any of your information: Phone Number: 1+8338626657 Address: 1712 E. Riverside Dr. Austin, Texas 78741 Email address: Support@venusmoonpress.com